And lots of it! I have officially begun getting tan, and thank goodness, because I have been not thrilled with the white white white color that I achieved over the winter, when all I did was study... just kidding. I did more than study :) But still.
I went to the Mormon Battalion Historic Site today. I felt the spirit there strongly. It is interesting how, when you look for the guidance from Heavenly Father, it is there through the Holy Spirit, even if the message doesn't have anything to do with your current situation. I felt yet again that I am not alone. The power of God is real, and it can be part of every moment in our lives.
After that, I took some time and shopped in Old Town. I got some cool stuff... :) For friends, not me. Heh. Lucky you guys! And I ate a grapefruit, since you all cared so much about that. I love grapefruit. Completely savory and delectable. ;P
And then... I hit the beach, and man I hit it hard! With my towel! And then my body! I laid on that beach for at least 3 hours!!! Man it was nice. I told my mom, I'm living the fat life (quoted from Gary Millward) because all I do is lay around and soak up sun! I spent a little time in the water, and then I went for a run. On the beach. Into the sunset. It was amazing. You know why I like being in shape? Because then you can enjoy your runs. Runs are fantastic. Why die through them, when, with a little effort, they can be incredibly calming and pleasurable? Running after 6 weeks of no running because of that dang foot injury has been a little rough, but I'm starting to feel it come back. Can't wait for more runs to come.
Once the sun set, I waited around a little longer. I watched the colors change in the sky, and I have never seen colors like that! It reflected on the water and the sand in such a pretty way. I wish I had a better adjective for that. There is nothing like it. I sure hope you all can see it one day if you haven't yet. The colors of the ocean are something to appreciate, one day when you have nowhere to be and nothing to do but enjoy the beauty. Do it :)
And now, Netflix. I have a feeling, this is going to be one unforgettable summer. Maybe. Probably. Love you all :)
No comments:
Post a Comment