Sunday, April 22, 2012

Stuck in Paradise, Darn It ;P


So I am here! I made it. Haha. I am all moved in to my little room and tomorrow the job starts. Dad and I had a fantastic time on our road trip! We stopped at In-N-Out, got cheeseburgers...

And then we took a stop in the hospital in Redlands where I was born! Dad kept saying, "This is where you breathed... first" Haha what a FUNNY guy :P We took some pictures, made some bathroom stops, and almost saw the Redlands Temple, but the GPS didn't work. Gosh Darn it. :P Oh well...






But, man, did this make up for that. I am absolutely in love with the temple here in San Diego. It is gorgeous. I cannot wait to go do baptisms there this Friday. I feel the Holy Spirit whisper peace to my soul in this beautiful land they call California- I know that I am not alone here, hundreds of miles from anyone who knows or loves me. How's that? Amazing, that's how it is. Lucky me.


I went to the La Jolla YSA Ward today. It was good! It was nice to feel like I was in a familiar situation, since it is run very similarly to the way every other LDS church is run. I will be going to FHE tomorrow night. I met a few new people and even someone right from Rexburg- she's a die hard Boise State fan, so that was fun! 

After dropping my Dad off I stopped by the beach and just walked around. The beauty found in nature testifies to me of the dignity and power of God's creations. I am so blessed to spend time somewhere where His hand is so powerfully manifested all around me in the beauty of the landscape. 

I am looking forward to studying my Patriarchal Blessing tonight and taking time to read and relax. Hopefully tonight I will be able to sleep better... heaven knows this bed is comfortable enough! I tell you, it's like I'm laying on a cloud!

 Oh, I almost forgot! I love this little baby boy. He is so precious. He has these big brown eyes and a huge smile, and he is just social and happy. I think we will get along really well :) He reached right up for me the first time I walked in the door. Mrs. A and Mr. I are a wonderful couple and I am excited to learn more about them and their lives together here in California. 

I love and miss you all! Please call anytime, I would be very happy to talk to anyone familiar. I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment