Saturday, April 21, 2012

My bubble... I think it just popped

So today my Daddy picked me up from good ole' Provo! We are now in Las Vegas, and wow has it been a day.

I cried as I said good bye to my friends in Provo, and then I continued to cry, naturally, because I am a cry baby, apparently. Wanna know something one of my closest friends said to me as she hugged me good bye? "Grow a lot, pray a lot. You are never alone. See you soon." Just exactly what I needed. And so I cried more, because I love her and I love that she said that to me. And I continued to cry. But I guess that tells you how much I love those girls :)

My dad and I drove and drove... and finally reached Las Vegas. We went and did baptisms there! It was beautiful, and peaceful, and just what I needed. My dad baptized me. The experience was unique. I am so thrilled that I will be living near the San Diego Temple and get to visit once a week. I plan on hopefully going tomorrow, if not, then next week for sure :)

I got my first real experience walking through a casino today. Sickening! Ha but for reals. It was interesting to see how the world can take something and draw you in, making it alluring and then you lose track of time and almost get lost on the way out. It turns out that the Las Vegas Strip is not my very favorite place on Earth. Imagine that, Josh ;P But my bubble was burst, slightly, probably at least every 2 seconds when I would see another mostly uncovered lady walk right in front of me or hear another sickeningly vulgar sentence slide out of another man's mouth. HoWeVeR... my Dad and I thoroughly enjoyed the lights and the water show in front of the Bellagio. I felt glad to be there with my Daddy, and safe even though I may have looked a little bit like a five year old in the middle of Wall Street on Black Friday in 1929... ha oh well, I've officially gained another life experience under my belt :) Lucky me.

It's bed time for sure now, tomorrow Daddy and I will arrive in San Diego, go catch "The Hunger Games" (I still haven't seen it), and hopefully get off to a good start.

From today I have learned that the Lord can speak peace to your heart even when the world rages around you and you feel panic inside. I will be okay :) I am so excited for this experience. I am ready, with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment