I thought for a long time what I wanted to name this post... and nothing in English was beautiful enough for what I needed to say. I attended the San Diego temple this evening. Prayer after prayer was answered right when I entered the doors there. I now have friends! Haha whoda thunk?! There was the one girl that I spoke to on Sunday out of the whole ward, and there she was sitting by herself by the font. Of course. And then this other girl introduced herself to me and asked if I would like to come to the singles ward dance with her and friends tomorrow night. And then, I had a question on my mind and another random lady started talking to me and answered it, out of the blue, due to some circumstances that were rare enough to point to the fact that the Lord's hand was part of it all. I am blessed, and I am not alone. And neither are you. Pray- he is listening, I know it, and you can too, if you don't already.
So another exciting thing from today: I was watching little Baby-E and the handyman came. I was shy and awkward and hardly said three words to him, but he was so kind! He asked if things were going well, how I like it here, etc. And then we said good-bye, and I smacked myself round side my head because I was annoyed I didn't talk to him. I told myself I would talk to the next person who came. Guess who came in 10 minutes later? Two cleaning ladies. I tried to talk to them, but they were not understanding me. Either I was speaking baby because that seems to be my native language at this point, or they didn't understand english. So I asked if they spoke spanish... they did! We talked and talked for like 2 hours. I learned so much! They are sisters, from Oaxaca, Mexico. The one of them has 2 twin 3 year olds, and met her husband here at a 'baile.' She smiled as she talked about her family. The other has a 21 year old son. She explained that being a mother in Mexico is very difficult because culturally the men don't help at all with anything around the house or the children. Her sister asked me about school, and we got on the subject of expenses. They continually said, 'Vivir es caro' (To live is expensive) and I felt for them. They have lived here for 6 years, and here they are working so hard every day to make a living so their children can study, because, as they said, 'hay que estudiar, hay que estudiar.' (It's important to study, very important). I'm impressed. That life is not easy. It's easy to be impressed with doctors or people who have done huge things in the world, but those people who work long hours day in and day out and do the hard thing, always, but don't seem to receive much recognition are ever impressive. They are strong, but they are humble. I want to be like them.
Dear Dad: THERE IS A RUBIO'S WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF WHERE I AM LIVING. IT IS MY NEW OBSESSION. I AM THRILLED. I WILL BE FAT FROM MEXICAN FOOD BY THE TIME I GET TO SPAIN!!! That is all. Love Felis
Santidad al Señor... I love the temple! I will be going every Thursday after work now.
I am now an Indexing Champion! It's way fun! Do it! Make an account, and start indexing, because it is so interesting and I have done over 300 names in the past two and a half days! You can search it on lds.org and it should tell you how to get your own account and start :) Oh, and Kirsetona and I decided we are officially Champions of the Worlds! It was a big part of my day, I had to blog about it ;P Ask me about it if you are really curious. Anyways, I'm not making sense anymore so Imma head to bed. (ha I rhymed)
PS.... BEACH. TMRW. BE THERE. Unless you are unable to make it, in which case, I'll soak up enough sun for the both of us ;) Happy Thursday Night/Tomorrow is Friday/Time for Bed! Love you all, and miss you most likely ;P <3
No comments:
Post a Comment