Whatever we decided we want to call me (I guess you could just try Elise if you haven't chosen by now), I am officially THAT neighbor. Or that neighbor's NANNY... I guess. You know, the one, who, on her first day of work, locks herself out, proceeds to set off the alarm trying to get into the house, sits outside on the front lawn without knowing what to do, waits too long to call ADT, and thus the San Diego police department shows up. Yes, I will take that title. I will take it and wear it with pride. And my mom will be laughing as I wear it, because that is what she did as I called her while the alarm shrieked in the background and the baby drooled happily in my arms and the neighbors all gave me funny looks. I think I've made some new friends. Oh, and yes, I am also that girl, the one that gets a present from the baby's bottom while she is bathing him. And it is not yellow. Yes, yes, it is brown.
Okay but it really was a great day! I pushed E-Baby in the swings after we went for a walk. He is so smiley and giggly. He does this cutie little thing with his bottom lip when he whines. He pushes it to the side, kind of like a cow
but slightly (much) more adorable. He squeals when he is happy, and he has this little curl right on the right side of his head. He is so active, I have to be very careful when I have him on the changing table. He loves books. I could sit and read with him for hours. Maybe I'll need to buy him some new ones :)
I've figured out how I'm going to exercise down here. I plan on running in the park that's very nearby before work each morning. That means getting up at about 5:45, but who would waste the morning with sleeping anyways, right? I'm excited. The air here is simply delicious- it is moist and yummy, and I can't wait to run in it.
Oh... and I also can't wait to go to the beach. Because, yes, I am THAT girl... You know, the one who is working in San Diego, with a temple and beach nearby? The one who gets weekends off and gets to spend them getting closely acquainted with the sand, waves, and someone who knows how to surf. Lucky me. :)
I am so blessed. Though my life might not always be this unique or wonderful, it will always be beautiful, just like it is now, because the Lord will always be here, right by my side, enriching each moment with His power and grace :) Lucky, lucky me :) I love the Lord.

I hope you also know that you are THAT girl...the one who makes everyone feel important, the one who is so incredible at uplifting others, the one who is awesome at making people laugh, and the one who has a talent for making others feel like they want to be better people.
ReplyDeleteI love you Lissa. Thank you, that means the world to me :) You are incredible.
DeleteIsn't California the greatest?! It's great being back. But anyway, loved the post and I'm going to stroke my creeper stache as I continue to follow your life by means of blog while in you're in San Diego :-(D (That's supposed to be a guy with a mustache). Speaking of the stache, it's coming off soon :-([, but you can expect a nice blog from me about it in the coming future. Glad to hear that you're having a good time in paradise.
ReplyDeleteOh you are THAT girl? Geez we must be related or something:) I am so glad that... well life has been memorable so far in California for you:) You are the best! So um yes, I have joined the ranks as an official stalker of your blog... haha I love you! :)
ReplyDeleteExcept that this is Rebekah and I don't know how to put my name up there.... hahaha sorry :)
ReplyDeleteThe fact that you don't know how to put up your name just solidifies you as a REAL stalker. I am proud to call you my younger sister ;P
Delete