With more time than homework here, more chance to explore than I've had yet in my life, and more opportunity to grow and learn away from my family and closest friends, I've had a lot of time to focus on myself.
And today, while walking home, that nice long mile and a half walk, I was doing just that.
"I'm so sick of feeling sick. And why did that stinky man look at me like that?! And why am I so tired all the time? I sleep 8 hours a night and I'm taking my iron supplements! And I wish I could just stay awake in my classes. And why is it that I have this silly cough? And this walk is so long and so hot. And I blah blah blah blah blah."
Yeah, you get the point. And you're already thinking this girl needs some happy pills.
Well, unfortunately right now I have enough pills to fill up an entire pharmacy here in Spain...
So the happy pills are out of the question. Well, sweet Letty was very kind to me, and let me sleep for 2 hours after lunch, and now I will be going to sleep as soon as I finish here, but the perfect part of my day was not when I was complaining and getting attention that I somehow felt I needed, or during my naptime, or even when sweet Maria, my mamita here, gave me besitos before bed, and grabbed my arm and made me dinner.
It was when I opened up a message from a friend, and in that message they reminded me about a woman I met a few months ago, in a little shop in Mexico, who has 2 children, and a husband who works all day, and hardly makes any income, and who had to work for 15 minutes to write "Puerta Vallara" on the face of a sun I bought from her.
And then I remembered the spirit of the Lord, and how so often it has testified to me of other people's worth.
And I remembered my friend who is serving a mission right now, but who managed to help me out even on a hard day without knowing it.
And I remembered my sister who is sacrificing so much to serve the Lord in Scotland.
And I remembered my Heavenly Father, who did not forget me.
I know I'd like to bbe better. I complain too much. I am irreverent sometimes. I can care more for others. And the list continues... but I love that when I was feeling sick and tired, and like I wasn't quite making the mark, the Lord reminded me through someone else, through my own blog post, about the humble people in the world, and that I am good enough to see their potential if I look through His eyes.
Tonight, I pray for the Love of God to be present in my heart, when I look in the mirror, and when I look at every person on the street. The world is beautiful from His perspective.
Love you all <3
You are stronger than you realize, my friend (: And you have no idea how much I look up to you, and how much I love talking to you! This post was a perfect end for my day; thank you.
ReplyDelete