Monday, September 17, 2012

Sometimes

Sometimes, people bring you down.

Sometimes, it's easy to get offended.

Sometimes, it's way too hard to feel good about yourself.

Sometimes, all you can see are your faults and others strengths.

Sometimes, all you need is to know you are worth something.



I want to tell you something, because sometimes those things happen to me a whole lot more oftentimes rather than just sometimes...

I want to tell you that I am a daughter of God. And that I am beautiful. And I am smart. And I am motivated. And I choose my future, and what people tell me now, or think of me, or my body type, or my hair color, or my eye size, or my humor does not affect my opinion of myself.

Because I love myself. Even if I have to convince myself that I do, I do.

Because God does.

My future is bright, because in the end, it does not come down to dress size, trophy cases, or grades on a resumĂ©, it comes down to people you touched, experiences you chose to learn from, and the faith you carried with you along the way, that somehow, the whole mess we call life can work out into something absolutely  beautiful.

































No comments:

Post a Comment