Thursday, September 6, 2012

Looking for the Lord

So today as Letty and I were walking home the same 1.5 mile route AGAIN I told her I'm starting to hate it.

Not a good sign seeing as how we've only been walking the route for 2 weeks now.

Then we decided to look for the good things in the walk.

And guess what we found? Blessings. Where do blessings come from? The Lord.

Today my friend Laurs cut all of my hairs lots shorter! Like 6 inches shorter! And she is just the sweetest. I LOVE how beautiful and happy and talkative and patient she is. I think she is just amazing. So down to earth. Such an absolutely beauty.

We were talking about our strengths and weaknesses. We felt the spirit as we talked about both- because as it states in Ether 12:27 (it's in the Book of Mormon. You should read it;) Definitely a good book):


 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them theiraweakness. I bgive unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my cgrace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make eweak things become strong unto them.
So. There you have it. Isn't that a comfort? We don't have to be perfect. We aren't expected to be perfect. The Lord made us just how we are so that we can made strong like unto Him. How lucky are we to have a Father in Heaven who just loves us :)

Also. Tonight when I came home I got to skype with my parents. They love my hair :) How happy! 

And lastly- we found out tonight the Maria is an artist! She broke out some of these amazing pieces of artwork, all different techniques of painting, and all are absolutely amazing. Cannot even believe it. Some of the most incredible people are right before your very eyes. They aren't the famous ones, or the ones who have lots of money. They are the ones that quietly serve every day, developing and sharing their talents and service. How grateful I am for sweet Maria; for she has shown me that we can be great in the sight of God through small acts of charity and hard work every day of our lives.

I love the Lord. I know He lives, and I know He knows each of us. Pray to Him- He wants to hear you. Talk to you soon. Love you all. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment