Yes, I did go to a fútbol game Wednesday night! It doesn’t
get more Spanish than that! Well, besides when we went to Carmen, but
seriously.
I. LOVED. IT.
I do so well in big crowds at public sporting events! I just
love the atmosphere, and I was so thrilled to be watching a real game live! The
field was huge, the people were Spanish, the stadium was state of the art, and
the energy was great! I wasn’t a huge fan of the fact that the security man
stole PamBam’s waterbottle, or the fact that everyone STILL smoked inside the
stadium (it was open air, but it was sick), or the fact that when I was trying
to crawl down two levels of seats I tripped on the first seat, fell, continued
to try to step without stopping, tripped on the second seat, and almost landed
on my face in the nasty mystery liquid that was under that seat, and then the
men nearby looked at me like I was drunk, but that’s just fine! Also, let’s be
honest, it wasn’t a really important game (it wasn’t important at all…), and I
only paid 22E to go… but I only paid 22E to go to a Real Madrid game! And I had
amazing friends with me, and it was fantastic!
Actually, the team they played was Columbian and the game
was in commemoration of a game played 60 years ago in which a legendary player
on the Madrid team scored a record number of goals against the Columbians… and
killed them, as in they won. By a lot.
What an invitation, right? Can you imagine that phone call?
“Hey, uh, would you guys want to come to Europe to play a
game in commemoration of that one game when we killed you sixty years ago?”
“Uh. Yeah. We’ll come over to your place.” <<That was
Mikayla’s insert. J
*Awwwwkward.
That’s alright, I’m okay as long as I wasn’t the one who had
to make the phone call.
Real Madrid scored 5 goals, and the Columbians didn’t score
at all… but probably the most exciting part was when one of the Madrid players
scored off of a corner kick, with his butt. Yeah, that’s what I call fútbol!
Anyways, after an awesome night out with friends, I packed
up and stayed up late talking to my family, and got on the bus the next morning…
but that’s my next post. Love you all!
Gooooo Madrid!

No comments:
Post a Comment