Thursday, September 20, 2012

I'm Happy

Just a couple of magic moments from the past couple of days:

It had been a long day, and I hadn't been able to stay awake during my classes... (working on that haha)... however I had been exhausted, and it was hot, and we finished lunch. The cute girl that lives with Letty and I was so stressed about a video project that she was doing. They didn't even have a camera man to film to them! So, even though I was tired, and I didn't want to walk a mile and a half in the heat again to the Plaza, I told her I would do it :)

And guess what happened?! I was not grumpy anymore when I was walking home. So there, it's true... serving others makes us happy :)

I got a 20 minute period to take a nap the other day... Let me tell you about it:
Laying on top of the covers, breeze flowing through the open window with the lace curtains. Spanish words flowing around me from the streets, and birds creating a quiet symphony outside the window. Happy voices from below, and nothing on my mind but how blessed I am.

It was a good nap, one of those moments when you can't help but feel the little spark of magic that comes from every day moments.

Today, we went to the temple. The weather was beautiful, and the Spirit was present. We met two groups of sister missionaries... wouldn't mind being one of them one day :)

The sky was amazing tonight! It was a deep gray, with a hint of purple and pink when the sun went down! Oh wow I loved it.

Letty and I feel like we are really starting to connect with our host family. Our younger sister is just the sweetest, and things are really starting to fall into place with our mamita and older brother! He is just hilarious! And she is so sweet. She is very observant and shows us she cares by buying things that we might mention we like in passing. Also, she is funny, and she laughs at my jokes- I tend to get along well with people who laugh at my jokes!

I went on a run today. Whew. Any more explanation needed? It was WONDERFUL. Makes me so grateful for my strong legs and able body, that I am blessed enough to be able to run long distances. It's so cathartic for me.

I went to the pharmacy for the second time since I've been here today, and it went so smoothly! Last time I accidentally asked for "Fever supplements" (fiebre) instead of "Fiber supplements" (fibra) but today I was so successful! We talked about dosages, when would be a good time to take the iron, should I get vitamin C to go with it, blah blah blah... Call me doctor cuz I can talk the talk, baby! In SPANISH!
It was fun. And i liked the man.

But I didn't get too excited, because two minutes later I walked into the pastry shop and asked if they sold doves (palomas), when I was trying to ask for a palmera... yeah. It's alright, I ended up with the pastry and a new friend.

Well, that's it for now...
Segovia tomorrow, then Cuenca and Ucles :) THRILLED! LOVE YOU ALL<3

No comments:

Post a Comment