It's actually blood sausage... whoda thunk that there is actually in reality blood and onions in blood sausage? Here are some fotos, tĂo! (I just said here are the pix, bro in spanish :)
Pamela and I in our matching shirts- except she's covering hers up. Just another lovely day in Spain today. Working hard, LOVING class, and then taking a siesta and going to get cultural lessons on food from the Padre of one of the girls in our group. How lucky are we?!
This is me and Santi, one of the kindest men ever! See that on the plate? That's what we call 'morcillas' (mor-see-us). It's cooked blood with a little bit of onion. I was super thrilled to try it.
I should also tell you that this sweet men invited over 8 girls and cooked us spanish tortilla, using 22 eggs, let us bake chocolate chip cookies, gave us soda, salad, dessert, bread, tons of fresh grapes, apples, and pears, and also allowed us to eat an entire watermelon and melon. He is so kind! And he is now my good friend :)
Hope and I, thrilled to eat the blood sausage...
Kind of.
Eh...
Mreeeeehhhh
Not too bad
I'm almost smiling, except I know that I just ate congealed blood. Think about eating a scab, except softer. And it tasted like onions. So not really, but honestly. I just ate a scab on bread.
Most of the girls at the end of the night. We had such a wonderful day :)
A couple of things before I put up the next post, which I've been working on for a few days that has pix from last weekend...
I got to go to the temple again yesterday. How blessed are we?! It is a little bit longer of a trip, about 1 1/2 hours to get there and we have to walk a ways depending on if we take the bus or not, but it is so worth it. As they say in Spanish, 'Vale (Va-lay) la Pena'
We arrived and were greeted with a smile, and then because we hadn't brought any priesthood brethren with us who could perform the baptisms we were hoping to do, they had to stretch themselves and bring all of the priesthood available down to the baptistry. We spent time with a sealer, the man who has been given the keys to perform the sealing of families and couples for eternity. Just being with him I felt so powerfully the truth behind this ordinance. I know that my family has been sealed forever, and that I have the opportunity to find a man someday who is worthy and good and will take me to the temple of the Lord, where I can be sealed to him forever, and become more like God as I begin a family of my own. I feel the importance of this sealing ordinance, and that though there are many things this world can offer to me as a single person (of which I plan on taking full advantage until the right time comes), the world cannot offer me the peace and the power that comes with making a covenant with the Lord and my husband, and promising to make myself better every day. I am so grateful for the power that lies behind this gift the Lord has given us :) Check it out:
http://mormon.org/faq/topic/marriage
Anyways, the temple president also came down to the baptistry and shared with us some very special experiences and his and his wife's testimony. I don't know if you believe in the LDS faith or not, but I can tell you that I feel the power behind the sacred nature of what happens in the temple. I know that what happens there is real, and that the work for those who have died is a true and good work. I know the Lord is near when we are in His house, and we are so blessed to have the opportunity to have temples on this Earth. I love the Lord, and His temples. I know it is true. I'll say it again and again until I can't anymore, to anyone who will listen- I know that the temples constructed by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints are indeed the Houses of Lord, where he comes and where we can go to ponder and feel close to Him. I know what happens in these building is true work, even though I don't know most of it! It is so so sacred. I do not feel that a secret is being kept from me. I feel thrilled that one day I have the chance to be part of the sacred nature of the temple ordinances. I love the temples. Some pictures of that special place, that is just as sacred here across the world as in the U.S.:
I love it here.
So blessed to be in a place where I can still visit so frequently.





No comments:
Post a Comment