Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Flirts and Bubbles and Nuns (Oh my!)

First of all- the title is taken from a famous line the Wizard of Oz. Please tell me you got that! (Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh my!)...

Surprise Party today! It was officially the cumplaeños of Sweet Chloé Rose and did we have a party planned for her! It was so fun. Let me paint the picture for you:

2 plates of fresh sliced apples (or at least that's what they say... when I arrived there was only 3/4 of a plate haha)
1 plate of different kinds of sliced cheese
Pineapple
Crackers
Chocolate covered cookies
18 girls
Spanish juice
Spanish Music
2 of the best directors ever (Thank you Cluffs)
Balloons!
Nail polish
Hairspray
Curling Irons
Straightening Irons
Mini Cake
Unlit candles
Attractive Lifeguard right next door

Yeah, it was a ball. We all pampered each other and had a blast doing it! Poor Profe Cluff ended up going upstairs and laying down as his house was permeated through with perfumes and chemical fumes from the nail polish/remover, hair products, and as the noise reached a new decibel as all 18 of us giggled and flirted with the guys next door.

Ain't Profe the best?! Yes, yes he is.

I would also like to make an announcement! I eye-flirted with a boy. Yes, yes I did. I am just practicing up- but it definitely went well. So well that I didn't even have to talk to him, but he continued to look at me. Isn't that just thrilling?! I hate having to actually TALK to the boy, but from afar I'm a good fake at confidence. It was fantastic. He had nice dark Spanish eyes and a pretty face- but not too pretty :) Me gusta.

Okay. But today for lunch, we were talking about our families. Apparently my Mamita here in Spain has no cousins on one side because one of her father's brothers had no children and the sisters were both nuns. Nuns, translated into spanish, is 'monje' (Moan-hey) (say the h like you're trying to get something out of your throat. Yummy, right?). Well, Elisey bear was trying to understand the word, and asked for the definition. As she defined it, I translated it back into English. I kept saying 'nun' over and over, without thinking, as she is trying to get me to say, 'monje, monje!' Haha she said, "MONJE with the JOTA!" And I quickly realized that I was chatting away confusing her and everyone around me as to what I was saying. No worries, I got that jota in the end ;) I guess sometimes my mouth runs away before my brain has time to tell it to slow down :) Woopsies.

Also: Met two cute 13 year old twin girls today at the bus stop. They were darling. They have lived here for 10 years and will be moving back to their native Argentina soon. Loved meeting them!

And almost lastly: I saw a giant bubble blowing man tonight. His bubbles that he made were bigger than my head. Three little kids were running around popping them. I slid right in and popped one of my own, because I am too much of a child to not pop a bubble when I see it, and the cutie 5 year old boy started yelling at me in spanish and grinding his little fist into his hand! Hahaha I said, "We can be friends even though I popped your bubble!" But he didn't like that. In fact, he ran up to me and punched me in the bum! It was adorable! I love him. And he loves me too, deep down.

Okay now lastly: Those attractive guys over the fence during the party found us as we were all out after Tapas tonight. Needless to say, we have some incredibly devoted and marvelously talented flirts in the group. I was very impressed! But, like I said, I did get in a little bit of eye flirting ;)

Love the Lord. Love the scriptures. Love my family. The church is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment