Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Eating Cookies and Noticing Growth

No, not in my waistline! Read on... there's more to that title than just the hilarious joke that you are all laughing at right now! (PS I didn't catch the joke until I logged back on and saw the title again. Ha woops!)

Thursday night I didn't sleep a wink. But really... I was fully awake at 2:20 am after just rolling around for hours. I was so wound up! By 2:20, however, I figure I was leaving in 2 hours anyways so I might as well get some stuff done. I wrote a letter, packed, laid around, read... and finally it was 4:00! I was out the door faster than you could say, "Wow she seems excited to see her family" and on the road.

When I sat down on the first flight, I was lucky enough to have a window seat and be blessed by the presence of a very clean smelling, young, and rather handsome man. Lucky me!! Haha we had a good talk the whole time. He was pretty funny, and I didn't mind having to look into those pretty brown eyes for the entire flight while we talked... Heh. Just speaking the truth. The second flight I made another friend by the name of Mike who is making a new life in SoCal after living in Boise for years. He was very kind and had some interesting points of view. I was able to talk to him about the gospel. Haha it happened because he asked, "Do you drink coffee?"
... "No."
"Do you drink tea?"
... "Nope."
"I bet you don't drink alcohol either. I know why you don't."
 "Oh yeah? Why?!" (Surprised)
"Because you're a Mormon!" (He seemed pretty pleased with himself!) He said it wasn't hard to tell haha. He has spent a lot of time around LDS people I guess. I take that as a compliment. :)

After almost bursting with joy when I saw my soon-to-be-gone-for-a-year-and-a-half older sister, I got to spend lunch with my daddy and two sisters and younger brother, get some new orthodics, and then go HOME!! I tell you, San Diego is beautiful, but nothing can compare to Btown. I got to hike Tablerock while there, and looking over the city I used to call large, I felt so blessed to call this pretty place home. My stinkin cousin had me and Kirsetona hang our feet off the edge of the cliff while the wind blew in our faces, and it was dark, and so I almost freaked out (okay I did) while we were hiking and relaxing, but it was so fun! And I LOVE Boise. Kirsetona and I were talking, and we both said, "I could live here the rest of my life." When we were running Saturday, we were in a neighborhood, and then there was a little field with horses right in the middle, and there were big pipes and field all along the way. You won't find that where I am now! I love the urban setting of Boise, but I love that it still feels small and slow enough to be considered slightly rural.

The weekend was so wonderful. First of all, I ate at least 75 homemade cookies. YUM!!! I was so thrilled to see my second family (Kirsetona's) and I could not wait to be with my very own family! We had a great time- I laughed so hard. Oh, and I had the opportunity to share a bed with Boba, and wake up with her stroking my face. And she says I am the crazy sleeper...

My sister did an incredible job on her farewell talk- I am convinced she will be an amazing missionary. I definitely cried saying goodbye. She is beautiful, and such a strong example. She is humble- she won't just come out and tell you many of the most important or amazing experiences she has. She tells the funny ones for sure, which ends up having most people doubled up in laughter, but to find out about the amazing spirituality that is so present in her life is a treat. I am incredibly blessed to have her to look up to and her example to follow. I hope to be more like her one day. I surely will miss her a lot, but I tell you, I cannot wait to see what happens while she's gone!!! For us and her. It will be surely awesome :)

I got in about midnight Sunday night and was tired, mostly incoherent, and slightly lost. I walked around the San Diego Airport trying to figure out how to find a shuttle, asking people where to get one and which one would take me to the parking spot I needed. I didn't find any that went to where I needed but there was a nice man who took pity on me and drove me there on his shuttle anyways. I finally got home, and as I told Kirsetona and my cousin the night before, my head hit the pillow so hard I got a goose egg and woke up reeeeeeeeal happy Monday morning. :)

I loved spending the day with Ebaby yesterday and now we are just relaxing before lunchtime. Nothing super exciting, but I am happy to be back. That's where the growth has come- I was sad to say goodbye to my family, but not devastated. I miss them, but I will be able to go back, and I am happy to be where I am, doing what I am doing, and playing (ahem. we call it working) with such a sweetie pants all day long in a beautiful town right by the beach! Can't wait to get my tan on this weekend. Love you all, miss you too :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment