So the Emeister and I had an adventure Monday when I found out that you CAN fill the dishwasher with the wrong kind of soap. The soap that says liquid dishwashing SOAP is not what you put in the dishwasher... the right kind is the type that says liquid dishwashing DETERGENT. Heh. If you decide one day you want a giant bubble bath in the kitchen, just use the soap kind and the bubble bath will come, I promise. A quick fix, I found out, is to pour cooking oil and table salt in the bottom of the dishwasher and run it for a few minutes. We had to do that twice, and then put the detergent in and run it on heavy duty, but the bubbles all disappeared! Much to the child within me's dismay... Haha and their floor is a-okay. Everything is good, except for the fact that I had to inform Mrs A and Mr I that they are now out of vegetable oil and need a refill of table salt haha. Oh well.
So I just printed my boarding pass! I will be up at 4:00 am tomorrow morning and out of here on the flight that leaves at 6:18 am! I CANNOT WAIT! I am so thrilled about seeing my family and being in Btown, even if it is for less than 72 hours. :DDD When the cleaning ladies came today they asked if I had a 'descanso' (break) tomorrow, and I said "Mas o menos jaja" (More or less haha). They asked what I meant and I got to tell them about going home for the weekend because my hermana would be out of the country for the next 18 months serving a mission for our church. They asked what religion I belonged to, and I got the chance to tell them about what a mission is, how long she'll be gone, and use the full name of "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" in spanish ("La Iglesia de JesuCristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias")... which one of them responsed to with, "Los mormones?" Chaching! That is much easier than the huge name I said before, plus they had heard of us! That was nice. They are such sweet ladies. I love talking to them. They believe in God, too. It is wonderful to meet so many of God's children in so many different environments.
I woke up with Fresh Beat Bands "Rockstar" stuck in my head, craving a giant, authentic bean burrito. That can only mean two things: 1: I am in fact a full time nanny and watch Fresh Beat Band far too much. 2: I LOVE Mexican Food. So much. I might just have to live here for the rest of my life so that I have access to all of this authentic goodness every day. I asked the cleaning lady if she ate out very often, and she said she didn't like to. I responded with, "Well, if you can cook your own delicious Mexican food, why do it?" She laughed, but wow, was I serious. I am slightly obsessed... it's fine. Love it.
Wrote 3 letters to different missionaries today. I love sending letters! And I love getting them too! Best thing is to see a good friend's handwriting and hear how they're doing.
I will see some of you in just over 12 hours! And the rest... I miss you! And will hopefully be seeing you soon! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment