Saturday, June 23, 2012

Victory is Sweet... and so are fried snickers

Today I ran six miles! I haven't run that far in about 3 years... yes let's all be slightly embarrassed that I admitted that, but it's true. My normal runs before I started training were about 2 miles, give or take, and now here I am running 6! With difficulty, that's for sure, but I've found a wonderful nice running partner (actually a couple of them) in the ward and she showed me her route today. She is so nice! She has run multiple marathons and she is giving me tips :) Lucky me! There is another girl who runs marathons, and the three of us are all planning hikes and runs and it makes me so thrilled that I have found some girls that love the stuff I do! There are actually a lot of really fun hikes around here. Can't wait :)

Yesterday I went to the San Diego Fair with Ebaby and Mrs A in the afternoon. We had such a great time! I got a pass from a guy in the ward that cost the same as one entrance but I can go in as many times as I want. So, I'm thinking about going in for all of the great concerts in the next week and a half. Summerland is coming! Mrs A and I laughed at all of the fried food they had there. I found out that Fried Snickers actually exist. I bought one for Mrs A and I to share, and we decided it kind of tastes like a churro or giants chocolate covered scone. We, however, did not purchase the deep fried stick of butter that was available for the low price of $6.00. Talk about death penalty. Why do they go through the process of putting people on death row and paying for the electric chair when all they really need to do is give them one of those?

After deciding we didn't want to kill ourselves through a slow and painful clogging of our arteries/completely deep frying our brains on the spot, we took Emeister to the goats and he loved them! They all 'baa'ed at him, like what I do when I put on the sheep mask and make the noise. He reached out and touched one of the cutie goats on the nose when it stuck it's little snout through the bars at him. He gets so quiet and gentle when he's around animals. It's so sweet! Especially when we are around the duckies.

Right now, as I sit at the table, he is to my right eating his lunch after his swimming lessons. He is the star of the class! He was just looking at me, raising his eyebrows and winking. Now what one year old knows how to do that?! He's a better flirt than I am and he has had 18 years less of experience. Haha I would not rather flirt with anyone else. What a cutie pants!!!!! My heart is his, completely! ;)

I am going up to a different beach today to relax and soak up some sun before I go to the Mormon Night at the Padres game tonight. FUN! Actually it surprised me they had one of those. Haha but I'm excited! I'm going with the sweet girl I ran with today. Should be so fun!

But you know what will be the best? When I finally have a phone back so I can contact people through more than just facebook. It makes it difficult to set up a dinner date when you can't just call or text right through the phone. Oh well... soon. Soon! My daddy was kind enough to purchase me a new battery, so it's coming in the mail and should be here within the next few days.

Oh, PS... I got new running shoes yesterday! They are New Balances, totally sweet. Bright neon yellow and super lightweight. I ran in them today and they were awesome. Except for the fact that my foot went numb again... but oh well. We're working on figuring out that little quirk, my daddy and I. It'll work out. The best part was, I wasn't being cut into on the backs of my heels with every step. And I didn't go numb until the fourth mile, so that was nice. Sorry for the long post, but there's a lot to write when I don't get the computer for a few days! I get to use it, but it's hard to find a period of time that's long enough for me to write :) Love you all, and Ebaby does too. He squawks hello!!! I'll kiss him enough for all of you, haha trust me! <3 Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment