Sunday, June 17, 2012

Red High Heels, Hermit Style Baby

I found them. The red high heels of my dreams. Except they far exceed any dream I've ever had because they cost me $10. And they have the little strap across the top of the foot. And the cutie rounded toe. And they are made of the shiny material. And they were the last pair, exactly my size. And they are the EXACT color of the strawberries on the happy $10 dress I bought last month. And also I was hoping for some that weren't quite as tall and platformy, but when fate is calling, it's calling. And let's just face it, people... when you have that many little pieces of perfect happiness all in one, it's almost like fate is tickling you in the nostril. Or giving you a wet willy with it's toe. You simply can't ignore it- so you buy the shoes and run! Not with them on your feet, in this case... that could cause serious bodily injury considering the height on those babies. Talk about needing a foot doctor. And who knows a good one of those? (Ha. My dad. I'm funny)

I was a hermit this week. Little EBaby and I did not go to the Postal Annex once! And the employees there are like our bff's! Because we visit them about 4 times a week every other week. Instead... most mornings, we stayed inside and read :) And for many afternoons too. Oh my, I found some delicious books and I devoured them this week!! I highly recommend Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks and also The Nazi Officer's Wife by Edith Hahn Beer. The first is about the black plague hitting a remote village north of London in the year 1666 and how the villagers decided together to quarantine themselves so as not to spread it to others. It is so interesting! It's based on real events with made up characters, I believe. Loved it! And the latter is about a jewish woman who survived through Nazi Germany in World War II by becoming a "U-Boat"- an underground jew hiding under cover of another identity right in the middle of Germany. She marries a Nazi officer and it is a very interesting and enlightening read. I feel so blessed to be born in the circumstances I have lived in- so many people throughout the history of the world have not had near as much as I. How blessed. And may I never forget it- it seems life is happier for those that try to be grateful for what they have, so I try to in order to be happy! The Lord wants our happiness- we just have to do some work for it too :)

I got to have some real Korean food again today. My sweet friend who I love invited me over to her house for lunch. How sweet! Her tender little grandmother said, "Does she like spicy food?" Haha. I surely enjoyed it. I had kim chi and this yummy chicken and carrot and potatoes thing. And lots of rice- you eat everything with rice, never plain, they said. So I did! I really love the spicy food!!! And I also tried sushi sans fish- just a piece of seaweed pinched over sticky rice. Cultural food is fun :) And since yesterday was EBaby's birthday- I get some Costco cake for dessert! And let's be honest, it doesn't get any better than that!!!

Welp, hopefully by tomorrow night I will have a fully functioning phone again. I am going into the Sprint store for the 5th time this week. The man there is nice, but I got concerned when I walked in and he knew my name. It's one thing to be known at the Postal Annex, but the Sprint store? My next goal will be the lifeguards to know my name! Then I will at least be tan :)

I feel like I need to more further invest myself in laying aside time to be quiet and be with the scriptures. It makes such a difference- and I have felt it today as I did that. The Lord is near and wants to bless us. How wonderful :) Love you all, talk to you soon :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment