Saturday, June 2, 2012

Going Bananas

Haha I'm clever... that title has two meanings. Wanna hear them? I know you do.

First: EBaby and I spent the afternoon at the San Diego Zoo yesterday!!!! Oh my he is such a sweetie pants. He LOVED the elephant statues. We got this picture with Ebaby staring at the camera, smiling, with the dromedary (one humped camel. Bet you didn't know that! Thank you to the 4 year old in my life who taught me that last year) staring at the camera too! I was actually busy staring at the butterfly that was passing with my mouth open and drool coming out of my mouth. Bummer.
Okay fine I was smiling too ;)
And I loved the zebras, pandas, koalas, elephants, and flamingos! Can you believe it I've never seen real flamingos until yesterday! But man they are... pink. That's for sure. Except I'm just realizing... I didn't see one giraffe. Notta one. So maybe we missed them... or maybe the San Diego Zoo actually has a fault! Whoddathunk.
Also, the E-meister and I went in the photo booth and took pictures. I love the little strip that came out!! It is so adorable, and now has spot right next to the picture of Kirsetona and I at the Sacred Grove last year in front of the tv. Everyone at the zoo kept saying "He's such a cute little guy!" I would say thanks, or yeah, I know... conceited? Maybe. But when it's true it's true. He stinkin adorable.
Oh, and the title refers to the fact that we got lost wandering around and kept managing to stay in the monkey place in the Lost Forest. Haha imagine that. I love monkies... but I wanted to see polar bears! So anyways, we had plenty of time with monkies yesterday. More than we wanted? Maybe. Oh well.

Okay and second: I did it. I signed up for a half marathon. If I don't see the day of Sunday, August 12th, it's because I died on Saturday, August 11th during the race. Or beforehand. I'm actually kind of stoked. I used to say to my dad when I was little, "I am a STRONG woman!" and that's been my mantra. And now I have a very challenging goal to pursue. And I'm telling everyone so I have to complete it! I'm thrilled! Oh, and the fact that it says it's one of the fastest halfs around because there are cash prizes definitely might be a problem, considering I'm in the "Just want to finish" category. Oh well.. I will for sure finish :) I just have to be done in under 3 hours. Whew. I can do that! Training starts Monday... here we go!!! Love you all, miss you most likely.

Oh, family barbecue with neighbors from Btown who are visiting family down here this afternoon. Can't wait! And I will be heading off to go hiking this morning. So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment