So my entire last post was about how fun Monday was... I did not work. At all. I spent $15 to have the time of my life. And today I found out that since my employers were paid for Monday because it was a holiday, I will be too. That's fine.
I have the best employers/job ever. They also bought me a Godiva 72% cacao with almonds bar last night. And sent me to the store to buy myself crackers today. I love crackers... so much.
Cough.
Tonight I went to the temple just like every Thursday. I saw a guy there that I met Monday who was just baptized this weekend. It was so wonderful to see him in the temple! The peaceful spirit there is so unique. I had an overwhelming feeling of 'rightness' tonight while sitting in the baptistry. I cannot believe my blessings. Here I am in this beautiful place, gaining so much experience. I absolutely love this little Ebaby. Absolutely. And I feel very comfortable with the people that I live with. They are SUCH good people. Let me just gush about them really fast-
Monday I made chili. Let's be honest, I added rice and that sucked up all the liquid. It turned into sludge. Man, it tasted dang good. But it was an... interesting chili because it was solid and held it's form when we put it in our bowls. Yeah. But they continued to compliment me on it and are so kind.
They always pay me for the extra work I do. And they continue to emphasize the fact that I need to experience a lot down here and explore the area.
They buy me Wheat Thins. I have such a passion for Wheat Thins. And they text me when they're out to see if I want a Hot Fudge Sundae.
They give me sunscreen, and professional face stuff.
Mr I has offered (and YES I am taking him up on it in the next couple of weeks!) to let me come observe surgeries! OH MY! I am thrilled!!!
They are kind enough to open their home to a SUPA fun relative who will be visiting me for the weekend in July (Can I get a whoop whoop?!)
They are always sure to thank me for my work, and make sure I know how pleased they are with me. And, knowing me, that is SO important to me. It is such a blessing.
They let me pray every other night over dinner, even though we don't pray the same way and have differing beliefs.
They say that I can use the Pay-Per-View. That's like Christmas to me. I've never done that in my life. I am so thrilled!
They have the cutest baby. Ever. I love him.
They are soooo generous with the money- they paid me back for the majority of the lock issue last week. How nice?! I could not believe it.
They are my friends. They answer my questions about medical school and teach me the things they know. They help me find movies and tell me about the area and listen to me and let me tease them and we laugh! How lucky!
When the political shows start ripping on Mitt Romney's religion, they change the channel. They are respectful.
They helped me SO much when I lost my laptop. They fought for me. So generous- they are so busy and they made my problem a top priority.
And, let's face it, I could go on... My beliefs are respected here, I am offered chocolate all the time, they love their baby, they are willing to let me borrow their computers... etc etc etc
I am so blessed. And I love the temple here- 1.5 miles away. 1.5! As I sat in it tonight I felt the spirit whisper to my soul about the guidance of the Lord in my life. I remember when I got this job, I could not deny how incredibly right it felt. And then I found out how close the temple is to my home and I knew that was an answer to prayer! It has been so difficult, but it is so right. I feel like me being here is a puzzle piece in place. I love the growth I have felt and the FUN I have had.
Cuteness for the day: Ebaby and I went and fed the duckies. It was so sweet how he got all quiet and leaned toward the duckie as it waddled towards us. He was fascinated. And he crawled around among the crowd of duckies. And then I bathed him when we got home... And then he just rolled around on the blankets on my legs and giggling and kissing me and I just squeezed him and laughed and threw the blanket over his head while he giggled and giggled. And he just gives me so much love!!! I adore him.
I have had a hard time sleeping the past few nights. And so last night I began reading the General Conference issue of the Ensign. The Spirit calmed me down and brought me the peace I needed to sleep. I have a testimony that the words I read are the words of God and what he would have us know at this time in our lives. These words send a message that is so unique to every person that reads them, because the Lord knows how unique our situations are. I love Him, and He loves each one of us as if there was only one child to love.
I love life- it is beautiful. Trials come, but we are never alone.
I love you, and miss you. Can't wait to be with you soon <3
No comments:
Post a Comment