Tuesday, May 22, 2012

This deserves a round of applause

It has been officially one day less than one month since my first day of work. In celebration, I called in the troops! I notified everyone! I made sure ADT was notified, twice, along with the San Diego Police Department! I even knocked on three neighbors' doors and made sure they were aware! I was so excited I used their phone for half an hour! I had Mrs A come home from work at lunch, and we celebrated by calling the locksmith! And he came and helped us celebrate by chopping the metal safety lock off the door so we could get back in the house! And because I was SO happy that it was my almost 1 month anniversary of working here, I decided I would make the locksmith's day by giving him $95! Lucky him! Lucky me! Lucky Mrs A! Lucky EBaby! Bet you wish you were with me too when I was just handing out money!

Soooooooooo it was wonderful. I accidently may or may not have repeated the incident of April 23rd, I believe, when I locked us out of the house. The problem was, I didn't have my cell phone outside with me so I ran around like a lunatic knocking on the neighbors' doors, and once I got ADT called and they called off the police, I thought of every way I could possibly get into the house. Problem: I never snuck in or out of the house in high school. I had no idea how to do it. So, naturally I decided to try the door again. The alarm went off again, I went over to the nieghbors and used their phone again, I called Mrs. A, she came home, but Mr. I is out of town so we didn't have any way to get in the house because there was no garage door opener, and so the locksmith was called and the safety lock's days of being detrimental to my emotional sanity and fiscal health are over.

What I was planning on writing about today, before I decided to throw this huge party celebration, was how cute it was yesterday when EBaby took the giant water bottle and took a sip, then gave me a sip, then took a sip, then gave me a sip over and over. What a gentleman! He knows how to share! I was also going to write about how fun it was to finally make it to an FHE, even though I was an hour late and the lesson was already over. I was going to mention that I finally am feeling like I have friends here, and even though EBaby was really grumpy about going to bed last night, I didn't mind dancing with him in the family room to calm him down as the likes of Sinatra and Crosby crooned in the background. I was also going to write about how much I love Mexican Hot Chocolate- it's all spicy and yummy! It tastes like I am drinking super super dark chocolate, my favorite. Oh, and I did want to throw a line or two on here about how fast EBaby is growing up- he is walking now! Like almost 10 whole steps at a time! However, that all took a backseat this morning when I realized how thrilled I was that it was my almost one month anniversary and I decided let San Diego see a party Boise style by walking out of the house with the front door safety bolted and the alarm set. Happy 1 month anniversary tomorrow, Elise! Let me tell you, I sure enjoyed the party :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Elise you crack me up!! Sounds like you are having all kinds of adventures! Keep smiling and writing you wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete