Nope nope nope, we wouldn't. And that's why I chose to check my bag with my laptop instead of carry it on the plane and thus bury myself in a big fat pickle wrapped in a potato chip (Cbarnfacewordgmama) when the bag got sent on the wrong flight, took a detour from Mexico to San Francisco, and then came happily back to me Monday afternoon without my computer in it. I may or may have called myself a few mean names, to which my mom quickly told me to stop! Haha so I did, at least out loud... However, it has taken some mad mad mad and quite a few tears as I've tried to tell myself there's a reason for everything, I'm learning something from this, and really, let's just be honest, this is NOT the worst thing that could happen. So. Here's my conclusion at this point:
1:Lucky me, I have the resources to get a new one come January with the scholarship money I have been awarded, I'll just have to use my own money to buy my books for a semester.
2: My employers are the best. Yes, they did call and chew out Alaska Airlines for me. I appreciated it :)
3: My parents aren't mad- let's just all agree on something here, they are amazing. They have been nicer to me than I have been to myself. I am so blessed.
4: I will not be checking anything of value ever again.
5: I now know that people actually steal things. Up to this point, I don't believe I've ever been stolen from in my life. Macky- That means that bubble is just popping popping popping!!!
6: It's all good. Life goes on, I'm living in California, and when was the last time anybody ever in life got paid a whole load of money to go to Mexico?!
7: No, Elise, it would NOT be better if you had gotten in a wreck or something so that you had no blame for the bad situation you are in (Talk about a pride issue, right?!)
Whew. Mrs A is kind enough to let me have access to her laptop when I need it. She is also the best employer in the world because she brought me special face magic cream and foaming stuff! My skin is going to be clear! Woo!
Soooooooo my little sis, we'll call her... Pinkie..... is living my life long dream of having a Harry Potter Party this weekend. I'm so jealous. SO jealous! My momma was a smart lady (imagine that! As always.) And called in the expert on this... that would be MOI! And so now I get to do some research on thrilling activities and games that relate to HARRY POTTA! Yay!!! I'm thrilled! I love the wonderful world of Harry- I could probably read and read and read about it all day, and I may or may not have been on a date where we quizzed each other on facts for 4 hours... but we'll get into my strange Harry obsession another day, maybe in another conversation... Maybe.
Keep it real, yo! And exciting! But choose to stay away from boredom in less expensive ways than sending your laptop across the state unescorted by yourself, just a suggestion ;)
Love you :) <3
I love that you are using our real names in this post. :)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Bo Ba (Or was I Bubbo?)