Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ayyyyy Carramba

So, today was hard. Bummer huh?! Not really. It means I got stronger... lucky me :) Baby E was just a little bit grumpy, and I was super exhausted. Totally dumb considering I am getting at least 7 hours of sleep a night. But that's alright. Maybe tomorrow I'll be more awake!

I worked hard, and cleaned the whole house, and then there was only a little time to rest, and Baby-E seemed to be all up in all the things he shouldn't have been messing with. Silly me! That is not that difficult! I have also been feeling the effects of a rough semester- ha I am definitely enjoying my solitude here. I have made one friend that I really like, and I am okay with that. I think maybe four months of me being my own best friend sounds kind of nice right now. :)



Tender mercies: I woke up and read out of the November 2011 Ensign, a talk entitled "Children" by Elder Neil L. Anderson. It was perfect for me right now. The talk speaks about how important it is to put having children first- this is our priority. There is one quote that really hit me, said by 'a Christian mother': "Growing up in this culture, it is very hard to get a biblical perspective on motherhood... Children rank way below college. Below world travel for sure. Below the ability to go out at night at your leisure. Below honing your body at the gym. Blow any job you may have or hope to get.... Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something  to do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for."

That last sentence is a real thinker, is it not?! I have aspirations to go to medical school, to serve a mission, to travel... blah blah blah. It is unimportant, compared to becoming what the Lord would have me become. I don't know if that means I will be a mom soon or not, but I do know I want to do what the Lord would have me do, at the right time. My aspirations and dreams are nothing to the callings he has given me. I will dream my dreams and set goals and go for them, but I will first and foremost become what He will have me become. I will be the woman He wants me to be, because that is why I am alive- I live for Him. Thank goodness I have something so wonderful to get me through every one of those harder days :) I don't have to worry, because He will always guide me as long as I look to Him through prayer and scripture study.

So, my day wasn't really so bad! I went to a class at the Institute and that was so fun! It was very insightful and I think I will go every week :) Baby E and I also went to the postal office, and I am sending off a hunk load of mail tomorrow. Get excited! You might just see a postcard in your mailbox from ME sometime soon! I am working on sending off a bunch. You know, it's funny... I knew that each stamp was worth 45 cents, but when I bought them I was so surprised that I could only buy 11 for $5.00. Do the math, Elise... just because it's a little piece of paper doesn't mean it doesn't cost exactly as much as it's worth. haha guess I was hoping the US postal service would give me a discount. Psh. I'll buy more tomorrow :) So fun! I love you all, and miss you most likely :) <3 Tomorrow=New day=Only good things!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment