Well, after having 3 of my friends called on their missions to the exact place I will be studying this fall, I now have another friend who has been called to serve in the one and only San Diego, California! HA! He will be arriving about 10 days after I get to Spain... what a joke! Hahaha I am so excited for him. Élder Aleson will be one fantastic missionary... and I have actually already met some of the missionaries in his area. He will have an amazing experience in this place that I have already come to love! What a beautiful part of the world to spend 2 years. He is super excited. He will be amazing! How blessed I am to have such faithful, good friends. Lucky me!!!
And now, to let you know how MY day went... fantastico! (As my grandmother would say...) I saw the world today. But really- we went into the downtown part of the city and saw REAL Mexico, where the people live, and how they live. We ate dinner at a restaurant called Barcelona Tapas, and it was absolutely amazing. First of all, the food was incredible (and Spanish); second, EBaby was sleeping the whole time!; third, it is an open air restaurant, we were on the top floor and overlooked the sunset over the bay while we ate Spanish food. It's fine; I only almost fell off the top floor of this building because it was so beautiful. Ha I am such a dork; when we got our seats, I gasped and said, "You guys are showing me the world!!!" Hahaha they have figured out how inexperienced and naive I am at this point- they just laughed and said, "Yeah, it sure is amazing here!"
THEN when we caught the taxi back, I spoke to the taxi driver in Spanish almost the whole way. It was awesome! He told me all about his family, and how he has lived here his whole life. He loves living here; he said he has 2 boys and his wife works nearby also. The people in this area live such simple lives, and yet they are happy. I have been thinking about money and how it is nice to be secure in life, but really, it is your family and the people around you that make life rich and enjoyable. I also believe it is important to be very secure in yourself and the way you are choosing to live your life. I love this chance I have to choose for myself how I want to live my life.
I got highest compliments today from Mrs. A who said that her and her husband are thinking about lobotomizing me and convincing me I don't need school so I can continue to take care of little EBaby. Ha! I said, "Thanks...?" And we laughed. I don't know... from the way they have lived their lives, I am convinced that school is important. Oh, and momma- Mrs A also said today that I am a 'good little cleaner. I don't know what your parents did, but they did it right.' ;) And I said, "Oh thanks! My mom taught me well." And you did! I am a good little cleaner! Thanks momma. All those times you told me to clean my room, and you thought it never worked (even though it definitely didn't at the time), it actually sunk in, and I sure do appreciate it.
Oh, remember that pool I showed you last night? Spent time in it today. My tan is coming along very nicely. And living with a dermatologist means no sunburns for me! Woo!
No comments:
Post a Comment