It was Sunday night, 10:00... and I didn't have any plans for my Memorial Day! Horrendous! So, naturally, I got on Facebook and began to stalk people. I found one conversation of particular interest in which my friend from school who lives nearby, Whitherby, talking her roomie, Megatron, about going up to Megatron's place of residence and visiting her and some other friends who traveled from school for the day. Of course I asked if I might join!!! We worked it all out, and the next morning at 5:45 I was up bright and early and at Whitherby's church by 7, gas tank nearly full and prepared to PAR-TAY.
And so, we went! We passed Los Angeles (talk about a solid smog layer. Never seen anything like that... don't think I'll be moving there anytime soon), Disneyland (I was asleep when we passed it, but I plan on being awake when I hopefully go sometime this summer!!!), ate Mexican food for breakfast (horchata=yum), turned on some of the best music, and I was officially high on life. Because when else will I have the freedom to decide the night before that I will simply be gone for the day, doing whatever I want, seeing fantastic friends, and only paying $10 in gas and a couple of bucks for food for the whole day? Freedom... at it's finest. I told you!:) I also learned that the whole traffic jam thing that happens on California freeways occurs often because of people called 'rubberneckers'- they turn their head and slow down to look at accidents that happened. Haha here I was making fun of them in my head as I sat and stared while we drove past, even turning my head 90* just to stare at the accident. I would say I'm one of them, let's just face it! Sorry people.
We got to Valencia and found our friends! It was so fun! We spent the day barbecue-hopping, swimming, laughing, playing cards, joking around, and reliving some of the great times we had during our Freshman year. It was Uh-Maz-Ing! Amazing! Haha poor Caldwell, my friend with a very deep voice, seemed to be the brunt of my teasing as I gave him 10 (count it, 10) wet willies throughout the night. And he promised he would get me back- but the best he could do was wipe a saliva-lathered finger all over my forehead. Hardly a punishment ;) I also loved meeting Megatron's family (VT comps fo life, sista!) and younger sisters. What sweethearts! I will be writing Lollipop a letter soon- she is about to turn 8 and will be baptized this year. What a darling, fun friend she is!
Whitherby and I determined we will be visiting Megatron again later this summer for a weekend spending a Saturday at Magic Mountain. I. Am. So. Stoked. In fact, this whole Magic Mountain thing is like my #1 priority of what I need to do before I leave.
Got back about 12:00 last night, came into the house, and went straight to bed. Today EZBaby has been such a sweetheart. He is just cruising around like a little marathon walker! I am hooked. I missed him this weekend! And I have had the best day with him. We made some chili together for dinner- it's cooking now. We'll see how that goes. Love you all, miss you tons <3 And see you Boise peeps in one and a half weeks. Count it! Love, peace, save the whales ;)
Best. Nickname. Ever. Hahaha you're the best. VTComps for LIFE!
ReplyDelete