Yeah, and you all thought I was obsessed before. This resort is beautiful!!! I LOVE this language, so much!!! Today I got to speak to people on the street. And order a bunch of food in Spanish. And I got to read signs that told me there were crocodiles in the water, no swimming!!! PS the pic above is the condo where I am right now. SO nice. Those pools aren't heated, but they sure are warm because it is such nice weather here all the time. I could get used to this... I got a nice tan today, but no burn because Mrs A said, "I can't have you getting sunburned. Or dehydrated." She is a little bit like a mom to me, but only just enough. She treats me perfectly how I would hope to be treated- like an adult, and I am able to make my own decisions, but she still worries enough about my well being. That pool is where BabyE fell asleep while we were swimming today. He slept in the water under my hat belly up for like 20 minutes. I was impressed... but next time I'll get him out of the water before that happens so he can take a real nap!
So today I only had one Mexican man ask for my hotel, where I was staying, where I was from, how old I am, if I have Facebook, can he have it, and if he can get to know me better. I stubbornly refused any information (see Daddy! I did well!) and said Adios!!!
I also had the wonderful opportunity to translate for Mrs. A and her mom all day today. It was fantastic!!! I am obsessed with the language. Obsessed. I was able to help them with their handyman and all the different repairs that need to be done and at dinner and throughout the day! Wow. I love this. I cannot wait to be completely immersed in the fall. Makes me a little stinkin jealous of those missionaries who get to learn and be completely immersed for 2 whole years- I have been working hard at this for 7, and this is my first entire week where I get to really just try it out. It's fun, but I wish I could continue to practice day in and day out. It makes me realize how many little vocab words have slipped my memory the past few years. I think I'll start doing flashcards nightly to get all those little ones back in my head- like taza (toilet!). I plan on using this language for the rest of my life. It's beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment