Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hot Bum, I'm just an awful liar

I am. It's official. I think it's been pretty unofficially so for a long time, but I can't avoid the title anymore. Cbarnfacewordgmama and Kirsetona- does the term "Chinese Fire Drill" mean anything to you? Yeah that was about the only time I've ever gotten off with something because I am just one of those people who doesn't do well in situations that require fibbing or getting out of a mess or possibly hurting feelings (at least I try really hard not to hurt feelings. Sorry if I've ever offended any of you!).

Today, I learned the art of the "Ganga" and let me tell you, I hate it. I mean, I've learned about it throughout my education on Hispanic culture and such but I feel so bad for those little peddlers who have no money and are trying so hard to sell things to you. And I have no money either! But I just wanted to buy these little things for my parents! And so when Mrs. A's mom told me that they were asking too much and I had to bring the price down, it was awful. Ha I got it down a whole 2 dollars. Woo. If you aren't impressed, I'm just going to convince myself that I am. HOWEVER, then I was asking this other hombre for his service, and I got that price down to almost 50%!!! It was easier because he was kind of gross- he got all weird and creepy after he found out I was Mrs. A's mother's friend and not daughter- and so I didn't feel bad paying him less. Ha! I am so rude!

We also had to use a beach at a hotel we aren't guests at and when they asked if we were guests I just looked at him like a deer in the headlights. Maybe he thought I only spoke German though. Or Chinese. I have people ask if I am asian, so we'll go with that.

Then, Mrs. A made her world famous guacamole for dinner tonight, and I tried so hard to act excited, but I get sick every time I eat avocado, in any form. Mreh. I tried it out, and I was trying to convince myself that I felt okay, but I definitely don't feel okay now. So sick, is how I feel. The weird thing was, the guac was good, or at least I could tell it was except for the fact that I was trying to convince myself the sickness was all in my head. She makes good guac, I am convinced any of you would like it. Unless you are like me, that is. Anyways, I ended up not doing a good job faking that I liked it- I kind of told her I get sick every time I eat avocado. Gosh darn it. Silly. I hope I didn't offend her!

I find that living with people who aren't LDS is challenging because they have many questions every day that are difficult to answer about my beliefs and the church. I believe in this church, but that doesn't mean I have the answer to every little piece and how it functions. I also believe that a car will get me where I need it to, but I have no idea how all the little inside pieces work there either. I will need to do some more research so I can share with them a little more about the church and the happiness and joy it brings me. I love the Lord, and I love the gospel, and I love the Book of Mormon. I know it is true. I do I do :)

Oh, and last thing- I have made good friends with the handyman here. He is not creepy!!! He is very nice. He has 4 little girls and he works so hard every day just to feed them. And here I am complaining if my chicken isn't cooked right at dinner. Psh. I have a lot of respect for him. He works so hard and he loves his family so much, you can just tell. And he helps me with my spanish :) He is very complimentary and was nice when today I said 'torta' instead of 'pastel' or 'pan dulce.' Silly me. Nice man. Love you all, laugh with you soon :) <3

PS My sister is now 16, she is very dateable!!! Just thought I'd let you all know!

No comments:

Post a Comment