Sunday, May 27, 2012

Too spicy for her!

That's what my friend's Korean grandmother said last night at 10:00 after she prepared a legitimately Korean meal for her family and I was offered some. Haha too spicy for the white girl from Boise. But I tried it. And I LOVED it!!! It was so good! I have never felt such a fire of desire for food! Just kidding! But I surely have never felt such a fire for food... in my mouth. Whew it was hot! I learned some rules about spicy food that most Americans don't know (but now I do, and you do too!):

1. Don't drink water in the middle of eating the spicy food, it will only make it twice as spicy and you won't be able to finish!
2. Drink water before, and then once you are done.
3. Yogurt after you are finished helps a lot with the burn. Or milk! (I love milk. A lot.)

So, if you have an itching to feel the burn, bring some yogurt along. But don't drink that milk or water until after you are done! Now we are all educated and practically Korean ourselves!
I laughed so hard when my friend was talking about how white she looks, because I feel like she looks very Asian, and in Boise I have actually had people ask if I was Asian! Ha! That tells you the difference in the levels of diversity in Boise versus San Diego... :P
So the plan was to go hiking yesterday, but gosh darn that didn't happen. No worries, I went shopping with my friend and her siblings. We were in Urban Outfitters, and I was looking at things but not trying on anything. My friend found an Uh-Door-Uble dress that is the perfect mission length, covers her knees completely. And then... we went to the sale rack.

I usually don't have too much luck when it comes to this, you know, shopping and finding great deals that actually fit.

But, ladies and gentleman, I think I found the reason I am in San Diego, yesterday, in the form of a dress that is navy blue with adorable strawberries all over it, fits me like a glove, covers my knees, has pockets... and it only cost $10.

I am wearing it to church today. And I wasn't even on the lookout for a dress. All I can say is that I now need my roommates red high heels that I coveted all year long. Too bad she has feet that are half the size of mine. And she lives 20 hours away. No worries, I will be rocking some blue and white striped wedges instead. Woo!

I'm thrilled I get to take the sacrament today, also. It has been too long! I haven't taken it the past 3 Sundays because of traveling and Stake Conference. I am grateful I have the opportunity today. Time to get myself ready for church... Talk to you all soon. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment