Sunday, May 6, 2012

Nothing like a couple of marriage proposals to keep you feeling pretty... classy

Sooooo it's been a long weekend! Friday I worked all day long because Mrs. A was still out of town and Mr I needed my help. I ended up going to the Avengers, but it was sold out, so I shopped around and found this adorable vintage restaurant! It was so cute! I sat and enjoyed myself and read Daughters in my Kingdom while I ate fries and drank a cookie dough shake. Mmm :)

It's not letting me upload a picture. :( But it was adorable! And I loved it.

Saturday... lazy day :) I went to Old Town and let me tell you, the people here celebrate Cinco de Mayo in a much more exciting way than the people in good ole Boise! There were shops, shows, futsal, 50 different kinds of root beer (of which I got 6), cute guys working at tour shops, Equestrian shows, SPANISH!, and so many people! I loved it! The only problem was, I was alone :*( Haha I was fine though, it was actually pretty enjoyable to just chill on my own ;) However, I did learn a valuable lesson. Here's the story:

There I was, looking incredibly inexpert and rather naive in my blue and white striped wedges to match my blue and white striped shirt as I tried desperately to open my root beer bottle with my gate key. Had I done my hair that day? No. Was I wearing make up? Not a bit. So naturally I was looking pretty... classy. My outfit was cute though :) A man walks past and says, "It looks like you're doing that the hard way," and walks away. Thank you, sir, for the helpful and beneficial comment. I continued to struggle and another man comes up and says, "Here, I'll open it for you." After he finds out I don't smoke, he goes and finds a lighter from someone else. He proceeds to pop the cap off in  .1 seconds and laughs as he says, "Is this just root beer?" He glances at the bag sitting next to me full of more bottles and asks incredulously if I have any real beer in there. I say no and laugh with him. And then he starts to talk to me. It was pleasant, but then he started to get a little too interested... like where I go to school, what I am doing for the rest of the day, and am I here alone. "Where your girlfriends at? Where your husband at? You married?" I innocently (and stupidly) respond that I was there alone. And he continues to invite me to come to this concert thing that night... and asks if I'll be here a while. To which I respond (be proud of me Daddy!), "I am actually just leaving." And he awkwardly walks away.

Dear Elise: Lie. Don't tell the creepy 40 year old man that you are at the event alone. And when he asks if you're married... say yes.

Lesson learned right? Nope...

So now I'm in Mexico! So fun! I have already used a lot of Spanish and gotten a lot of compliments too. The waiter at dinner looked at me and said, "Your spanish is perfect! Very good." Haha I felt awkward because my spanish is definitely not perfect, but it was nice to be able to help translate for Mrs. A and her mom. I'm excited to be here all week. Little BabyE is great company, and we have a good time together :) I have to admit, flying first class and getting a nice black escalade with a dashing European driver to take us to the airport did make me feel like I was in the movies, adding on top of that the fact that we walked down stairs out of the plane, and my life was basically made today!

Okay, but the lesson that I should have learned came back to bite me today, when, after dinner, we were walking around the marina looking for a certain ice cream shop. We had gone almost all the way around and hadn't found it, so Mrs. A's mom asked a man where it was. After giving us directions, he turned to me and introduces himself and shakes my hand, asking if I am her daughter or friend. He asks where we are from, and gets right to point when he looks at me and asks if I am, "Single? Married?"

Elis: LIE. Tell him you're marri...

"I'm single, actually." Whaaa? Idiot.

"Oh, you are?!"

Mrs. A's mom steps in and says, "Oh no no no. Let's go." And we turn and walk away...

He says, "Wait! You not even give me chance?! She would be very happy!!! Let me have a try!"

Wow. Oh, did I mention that today I did not wear make up, do my hair, and was disgusting from chasing BabyE around all day? What am I, the 8 cow wife? Like how many pesos do you think he was willing to pay for me? And the other guy probably was hoping I was an heiress or something. Psh. Classy! No, it was super funny actually! However, next time I'll just lie and say I'm married. Easy!

Fun day, can't wait for the rest of the week. And Dad, relax. Mrs. A won't sell me to be married- I'll be more careful from now on :) I will stand up for myself! No worries... sort of. ;)

3 comments:

  1. You are kinda my favorite <3 And in MEXICO, that is just plain awesome! Can't wait to hear about more of your adventures!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha did I not warn you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have never had problems with creepy men Brooke! Usually you are there to kind of take all the hits. Haha but even when you are not... I think I just send off an intimidating air or something ;P So, no, I was not expecting this. And I'm obviously not very good at handling it...

      Delete