That's what the guy said to us as my friend and I crossed the street from the YSA activity to the apparent Renaissance Revival club that was going on over yonder glen. They were very friendly, and I felt thrilled to see a real life medievil club happening!!! I even met the king, who quickly pulled out his giant axe, and the queen too. As our good friend with the big beard but even bigger smile told us all about his armor and how he has it made and what all the different swords are for and such, I couldn't help but ask about chain mail. Now, you may think it's a little weird that I have always had a secret desire to wear chain mail, but let's just face it, I really am a little weird. Naturally, I asked if I might try it on. He said yes :)
So... ummm we were all laughing because he had to help me out of my chain mail shirt. A little awkward? Maybe. They move fast down here in SoCal ;) JUST KIDDING DAD.
It weighed 22 pounds. Man, slap on one of those and go running! Talk about rock hard everything! The most impressive part, though, is that that man made this chain mail shirt himself! Piece by piece! And one of those little pieces fell off. It is now safely in my pocket and will be going in my memory box. This is something I never want to forget ;) Nice men. They are having a battle with tons of people soon too. Wow. Oh, and I really just wanted to yell, "FOR ASLAN!" when I got that sword in my hand. Quality.
I put myself out there and got lost today. It was no bueno, I all of a sudden was in some hiking canyon. And as I was trying to get out of my car to explore around a little bit, I somehow set the car alarm off as I sat inside of it. I would say it definitely alarmed (ha) all the hikers and birds and nature-ness that surrounded me, so I scrambled to figure out how to turn it off while locked inside. It only took a few seconds... I got it. Whew. I looked cool while I did it, though. Don't worry. Yeah, now you're really proud to know me. I know.
I went to the regional Young Single Adult activity, and then went and watched a Lakers game at ANOTHER (that's right, I've mentioned 3 different friends so far!) friend's place. Overall, I was social :) Oh, and my one good friend received her mission call!!! I am so excited for her. She will be wonderful. I would also like to report (again) that today I made more friends. I have at least 4 by now. :) Haha I think my sisters are concerned that I am just moping around like a loner. Maybe I am... but I am just moving slow. I needed some time to recuperate from a long semester. I'm ready to meet new people and simply move on now. Took me long enough ;) Love you all, and I surely do miss you. Talk to you soon <3



Hmm... Being locked inside of a car while in nature with people staring? Sounds familiar, no? Haha, that would only happen to us!
ReplyDeleteBoba (Or was I Bubbo? I seriously don't know!)
I'm pretty sure you are Boba... I think :) Yep, be proud you're my sister. That's all I have to say ;P
Delete