That's the advice my mother gave me yesterday when I texted her while I was at a beach. I had gone hiking and found a beautiful spot, right up next to the beach, and was laying down relaxing when I looked to my right. Never look to the right people... You'll see an old and very naked man.
Yeah. That wasn't a typo.
I quickly turned my head and decided to ignore the fact that this seemingly very comfortable and very nude homosapien was walking around among very uncomfortable and very clothed homosapiens. I successfully ignored it for a while, until I turned my head again, and there he was... but much closer this time. Oh dear... I could not figure out why a seemingly sane human being would be walking around naked! I closed my eyes. I waited a few minutes. I turned to the left. There was another one. And this time he was, like, RIGHT next to me.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I decided at that point my time for relaxation had been going on for far too long. I got up, turned back toward the cliff where I would hike up, and quickly looked down at the sand as I realized that though there was only one naked person when I walked down, the number of naked human beings had multiplied over the 30 minutes I had been laying there. I was not very excited about the discovery.
Talk about a beeline... straight to the cliffs. And then up them. And trying not to look down at the beach. I passed a young family on their way down. I almost warned them... maybe I should have. But maybe they knew what they were getting into.
I texted my mom after leaving, "Mommy. I found a naked beach :(" and she gave me the advice listed as the title above. Thank goodness she texted back and told me "Liserloo run. I bet it is sick." Haha I knew she wasn't crazy!
Anyways, next time I'll make sure I actually make it to Torrey Pines Beach... not Blacks, which I conveniently found out is situated right south of Torrey Pines, and is (quite apparently) the ONLY nude beach in all of San Diego. I now know all of this first hand. Lucky me.
Oh, and CBarnfacewordgmama... yes, this was what was happening while I was talking to you on the phone. You only caught the beginning, when there was only one. He wasn't crazy, I was just in the, uh, wrong place.
Haha you ended up at Blacks? Yeah that used to be a nude beach and there's some weird people down there
ReplyDelete