Wednesday, June 20, 2012

So Blessed

Oh my dearie! Here I am, feeling cut off from the world without a phone or computer... and I logged on to facebook and found that so many wonderful people were wishing me a happy birthday! I feel so happy, and like it's my birthday! Ha I crack myself up! Okay, but really- thank you all for helping this day be so special for me :) I am so blessed to know all of you. You are all so kind and wonderful. Such a lucky girl to have so many amazing people surrounding me!

I got to open my birthday package from my family today! It came Monday, and to be honest, I almost tore through that thing with my teeth out on the front porch I got so excited! I told you, I'm awful at being patient when it comes to presents. However, I utilized this thing they call self control, and I got to open it on a three way call with my momma and older sister, dearest Pamela, today while EBaby took his little nappy poo this morning! First: They sent me all of the fixings for the best cake ever, a funfetti cake with the rainbow sprinkles frosting. Stop laughing- I know it sounds like I'm five, but if you haven't tried this cake, go buy the mix and bake it, right now. Far from a laughing matter. When you take your first bite, you are filled with a rush of bubbly and silly childish delight that simply can't be expressed in any other way but a purely joyous scream and silly drooly giggles that escape your tongue before you realize you should control yourself lest others around you think you are having an episode (which you are, when you taste this cake).

I also got 3 bags of different kinds of dark chocolate. Oh my. I am practically bathing in the stuff! So happy!!!

Oh, and one of those plastic cups that looks like it's disposable because it has the lid and the straw and everything... it's orange. So pretty :) And my family didn't forget about my intense fear of the dark so they sent me light up balloons and streamers to decorate my own room! Because everyone gets a decorated kitchen on their birthday at our house... and for me, I get it in my room this year! I also got a cutie little hand mold thing to do with the Emeister and a punch balloon with Mickey Mouse clubhouse on it! He LOVES Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We snuggle on the couch every morning and watch it, as he struggles to stay awake through the whole half hour right before his (ahem and usually my own) morning nap. What a sweetie pie.

In all: My family loves me. I am so blessed. Oh, and I almost forgot- the 19 gifts they sent were all wrapped separately with funny post card notes from the one and only Pamela on the outside describing each and every present, and laying in pretty aqua shiny streamers! That was the best part. Except for the fact that they sent me a Kindle Touch! Okay I cannot believe it. I LOVE reading, and I am absolutely completely spoiled to have gotten one of these. I cannot wait to get started. :D My family loves me. And I surely love them- I'm so lucky to be remembered. My Aunt Biff even called the house to wish me a Happy Birthday. And CBarnfacewordgmama wrote me a rap. And Miss Miles sent me a package with a perfect bracelet, card, and neckalace. Now I just feel like I'm bragging. But I just want you all to know how much you mean to me, and the fact that you would remember me even though I am far away makes me feel so grateful to know you!

Oh, and my birthday eve was wonderful, because I went to the YMCA to get my miles in and as I walked out the door, the sky said Happy Birthday! Not literally, but the clouds were a subtle pink, even though the sun had already set, and the sky was a deep pretty blue, and the stars were shining. A beautiful reminder that we are underneath the prettiest painting done by the most amazing artist every night. I love the sky at night :)

The Emeister was being such a cutie as he runs around in his Ballin Nike outfit and his Nike Hightops. I hang out with a stud every day. So fun! We waddled around the kitchen before his nap and screamed and giggled and laughed (yes, I did it with him). And now he's sleeping and I'm still in my jammies. Heh! Talk about a birthday to remember!

Mrs A and Mr I are coming home early from work to take me out to dinner- we are going to a place that makes all organic food from farms that are all in the area. According to Mrs A, they make "the BEST sausages!!! Mmm!"
Can't wait :)
I am so thrilled about life, and the fact that today I have the opportunity to just be happy :) And so I am.

Thank you for remembering me. You mean so much to me! Life is beautiful, and not just because I got some amazing things. Mostly because it is filled with incredible people like yourselves who make me feel special, and lift me up every day :) And I am so lucky to have a relationship with the Lord too, who never forgets any of us. I love Him :) I'll probably post later tonight, if I can get the computer again- so much to say! Love you all! Talk to you real soon like.

PS I love my Mammy :) I wrote all about her in my journal last night. What a special lady, with such a special calling and talents and relationship with the Lord. She is my best friend, I think. I can tell her anything, and she gives back the best advice after listening and listening and listening to me. And we have so much fun together! We love all the same things (baking bread, family history, The Sound of Music...). I love how optimistic and happy she always tries to be, and her laugh that sounds like Minnie Mouse. My sisters and I agree that she is adorable. But not only that- she is absolutely beautiful, and sets an example that I feel so grateful to have as I go through my life. Thanks, Mammy, for always doing what you know to be right, and for loving me all the time no matter what. I surely surely surely do love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment