Thursday, June 14, 2012

I Have a Testimony of the Temple

I do. I do! I can only go in part of the temple, but I know that the work that is done there is of God. I feel it. I have a peaceful feeling when I am there doing the work. Sometimes I have an overwhelming feeling of joy or 'rightness' or gratitude, because I know that I have a Savior who made it possible for me to be baptized and live with Him again, and I know that though many people don't get the chance to be baptized or have other important ordinances performed for them in their lifetimes, it's possible for them to live with Him again too through the work that is done in the temple. This week I was mopping and singing to sweet little EBaby while he scooted around, and I sang "I Love to See the Temple." For those of you who don't know it-

I love to see the temple
I'm going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit
To listen and to pray
For the temple is the house of God
A place of love and beauty
I'll prepare myself while I am young
This is my sacred duty

I love to see the temple
I'll go inside someday
To covenant with my Father
I'll promise to obey
For the temple is a Holy place
Where we are sealed forever
As a child of God I've learned this truth
My family is forever

I got through the whole thing and then on the very last line my voice caught. Ebaby looked at me kind of funny, and I just smiled at him and tried to regain my speech as I smiled and said, "Wow, that made me happy. Didn't it, Emeister? That just made me really happy." It did. And it does. And he smiled as I said it and sang to him. As I stood beneath the glory of the San Diego Temple this evening, I felt peaceful and excited to go throughout the whole thing- because for now I can only go in a very small part of it. I love the temple, and I love talking about it. If you have any questions about what I have said, feel free to call- I just had to express my gratitude and feelings.

Today Ebaby turned 1!!! What a sweetie pants! I found him this morning and said, "Presents now or later?" I lasted 5 whole minutes before I gave them to him. Haha I am just so darn excited about presents!!! I gave him books and my mom sewed him a towel with a hood on it- an honorary Millward towel, I told Mrs. A. There will also be a catered party here Saturday. I have to say, this baby is one and is having a catered party. I have never had a catered party in my life! He is more sophisticated than me and 18 years younger! Ha! Mrs A and Mr I are sweet people, and Mrs A's mom came into town today. I want so badly to please her! She is a very wonderful lady. She put coffee in the chocolate cake, and felt bad so made sure to buy me my own cupcake from a gourmet cupcake place here- Sprinkles. And she helped pay for my gas for picking her up from the airport. She also told me I will be a wonderful mother- talk about a fuzzy happy feeling. I can't think of a compliment I would rather receive. I want to be as generous, caring, and kind as her one day.

I love the Lord. And I love you. Talk to you soon, once the communication lines have been fixed between me and the rest of the world. My mom is probably rejoicing right now! No more 5 calls a day! Just kidding momma. Couldn't resist. ;) No laptop or phones causes difficult communication, I tell ya! Thank goodness Mrs A is kind enough to let me borrow hers. Lucky me :) <3

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I've been waiting for another post, and I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete